We are taking the Handmade pledge, this means pledging to buy handmade this holiday season and are asking that others do the same for us.
With Christmas quickly approaching, remember to shop local! Stores like ours survive off lovely, dedicated folk like yourself (who have been so kind to us since our opening!) We all need to support the independent stores like The Yellow Brick Road, Mixt, The Little Craft Store, and Love Vintage & Retro, Gather and Hunt, etc etc. In Auckland we are lucky enough to have so many wonderful independent stores at our fingertips.
There are so many reasons to buy handmade but here are 5 key reason that are important to me:
1. A handmade gift is more than just a product. It has been made with love, creativity and uniqueness. And it shows.
2. Environmentally friendly. So many handmade items are made with recycled products these days, and as we know its hip to be green.
3. It inspires creativity. Before you know it those cogs upstairs will be turning and you will be coming up with your own fantastic ideas.
4. The likely hood of you giving the same gift as anyone else is greatly reduced. Individuality and uniqueness is so important. And if you are anything like me gift giving is almost a contest, I love giving the best gift and handmade gifts are always a winner!
5. The beauty of imperfection!
What ar your favourite things about buying handmade?
We would love it if you would join in in on the Handmade pledge this year!
Images from Fabric Bliss